Dallas Hoops Cast covers the Dallas Mavericks from a fan’s perspective. We watch every game, know every player, and see every detail. And we’re interested in every detail! If you have something to contribute to that coverage, we’d love to hear about it.
You now have the opportunity to have your story published on dallashoopscast.com under your name. You’ll be given full author credit and a bio.
We’re open to pitches for stories, research articles, opinion pieces, interviews, and videos about the Dallas Mavericks.
Here’s how to pitch a story and some guidelines to keep in mind.
- Think of a topic that will pique the interest of Mavericks fans. Make sure your topic is well thought-out before pitching it to us. The content doesn’t have to be completed, but it helps to have a fully formed idea.
- Email your pitch to [email protected] Include the following in your email:
- Content topic – Title and short summary. Explain why Mavs fans will find the topic interesting or entertaining or why it’s a good fit for DallasHoopsCast.com.
- Content type – Written article, video, infographic, etc.
- Length – Number of words or length of video
- Your name
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when thinking of topics and creating the content.
- Our goal is to create rich media experiences for Dallas Mavericks fans. Selected pieces will generally be informative, in-depth, well-researched, entertaining, and unique.
- Informative – Not click-bait
- In-depth – For written content, this means 1,000 words or more
- Well-researched – If the topic calls for it, include relevant data or research. If your piece is an interview or opinion piece, you may choose to add value in other ways.
- Entertaining – Does it make people laugh? Make them think? Teach them something new? Or give them an inside look?
- Unique – Please don’t send content that has been published elsewhere.
- If you own a blog, you may include one link in your article to a page on your website.
- Not all content pieces will be chosen and it might take us a few days or a week to respond to your pitch.
Note: This is not an offer for employment. We’re accepting single submissions and pitches for content from those looking to build their portfolio or get exposure (ie. links) to their blog.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!